Seize Everything
Seize Everything

NoHAT: Comic Con and Objectives

Sorry I haven’t posted much recently: been very busy with work and various other projects. I’m starting to get a handle on things again now, though, so further updates will now resume.

First of all, thanks to everyone who stopped by the Let’s Make Games table at Vermont Comic Con. That was the first time I’ve attended a hobby convention from this particular side of the table, and it was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I thought it would feel more like work, be more exhausting, but it turns out I can talk about the game I’m making for a very long time without pause.

Meeting with Superboy, also known as my friend Josh.
Meeting with Superboy, also known as my friend Josh.
The table in the game's room. Alex, Tim and I were there for the entire weekend, with everyone else coming for one day or just part of both days.
The table in the game’s room. Alex, Tim and I were there for the entire weekend, with everyone else coming for one day or just part of both days.
On the second day, Alex and I took a page from Tim's book and had signs.
On the second day, Alex and I took a page from Tim’s book and had signs.

Further work on the game continues in preparation for Carnage of the Lost World, coming up in November in Killington, Vermont. I’ve been designing Objective templates to use, and though I think it’s obvious this still needs a lot of work, I figured I’d still show off what I’ve got thus far, if only so that I can take out my tablet at the Let’s Make Games meeting tomorrow and show everyone there what I’ve been doing.

The Manor, a stage one heist worth eight coins and with three defense slots.
The Manor, a stage one heist worth eight coins and with three defense slots.

Since I got some questions about this in regards to my card designs, the black border around the edge should be cut off about halfway through–that’s the bleed area, so that any subtle printing mishaps don’t mangle the whole thing. Also, I designed this in CYMK color in Photoshop, so the switch to RGB to display on the blog is making some of the colors weird, most notably the orange that has inexplicably appeared in the defense slots.

All told, I think I’m on the right track, though again I’m going to be putting more work into this before it goes to print. With a bit of luck I’ll have a fully printed game in time for Carnage.

Leave a comment

© Copyright 2011-2017