Carnage of the Lost World has happened, and I have returned home exhausted, with pages of notes on rule changes and suggestions. The balance of the cards seemed good, but I think I’ll be experimenting with changing the number of daggers on the die, and possibly increasing the recruitment costs of the top-level character cards with the next playtest.
I was in the same room as Penny Press and the other guys from Let’s Make Games. I’d never been to Carnage before, and due to being behind a playtesting table I didn’t actually get to see much of it beyond the room we were in, but it seemed like a great convention from my perspective. The vendor room was right next to us, so when nothing else was happening I got a chance to browse the games that were on sale.
As soon as I’ve made some revisions to the rules based on the feedback from the playtests at Carnage I’ll post them here on the blog.
EDIT: More pictures, which I forgot I had.